Wednesday 30 October 2013

What a Lovely Summer



Well that was a nice summer.  After last years washout I really do feel as if I have had a proper bit of sunshine, and although we only managed 4 days away we had such lovely weather it was almost as if we had been abroad.




Most of the summer was taken up with madly trying to finish my crochet book – being published by
Bloomsbury Publishing sometime next year.  We had a few hiccups with the photography so everything was delayed – but I finally finished at the end of September. I’m really looking forward to seeing the finished book.

I was also finishing a personal book project – which I have been working on for the last 10 years or perhaps a bit longer! Mothering Sundae is a book about parenting – aimed mainly at Christian parents, but also has info for carers of all ages and faiths. I finally self published - also at the end of September – I’m not joking when I say I was just a tad busy!!! For more info about Mothering Sundae go to my website http://www.motheringsundae.co.uk/



In October - with my new found freedom from writing - I took a day out to visit the Knit and Stitch show at Alexandra Palace.  I travelled by coach - which apart from the fact that the coach broke - really is the best way to visit.  When I’ve been in years past it has involved a long trip across London and up to ‘foreign parts’ in the north of London.  It really is impossible to do it in a day from the midlands. It was so great after a day on my feet to be able to get back on a coach for the journey home. I spent most of the journey down playing with my new smart phone and getting used to it... so here are a few pics which I took using it.

 
 Not really my cup of tea but he taxi is great fun!!

The show itself was heaving with people as usual, and I was really glad that I took my sons rucksack rather than my wheelie bag.  

 
 Nice bit of Student Crochet Work

The colours and sights were amazing and lots of inspiration was to be had.  I bought a few patterns and kits but came home with a largely undamaged bank balance, but having enjoyed a great day out.

 
 I loved the colours on this stall

Now I’m back to the grindstone as I’m redoing my website.  Having spent ages making a website on wix which was quite good, I discovered that it couldn’t be seen on phones and tablets. The only way to solve this problem was to completely replace the website which I am now doing on weebly. I’ve had to find my way a round a new format but it seems to be working OK and I am hoping to have it up and running soon.  

There are quite a lot of new yarns in the shop – I have been buying for England -  so do come and visit or see the new site when its up and running.

No comments:

Post a Comment