Sunday 29 June 2014

1940's Street Market in Bromyard

As I write this the traders are clearing up and the end is coming to a brilliant day here in Bromyard.  Yet again the Bromyardians have pulled out all the stops and created a lovely day which many people came to.  Even the sun turned up.

Perhaps the best thing about today was the music, which being in the square I was able to hear really well.  All that mellow swing time quite chilled me out.  And there were some very dashing men wandering about in  uniforms, and some equally pretty ladies of course.

The round the downs race was held and I was intrigued to hear that it has been a Bromyard fixture since the 1920's.

The winner of the 1940's themed shop window went to the Anchor Cafe which I haven't seen yet but will try and drive past on my way home. The ladies who collected the prize looked pretty special. 

The joint winners of the costume prize went to the ladies of 'Too be Frocked' so well done to them as well. 

For my shop window I dusted off some of my vintage patterns and books.


There was also a Fire eater (or perhaps blower would be a better way of putting it)


And lots of vintage cars;


My grandpa had a car like this...



And it was nice to meet up with friends

It was also a chance for me to get on with proof reading my book Hooked on Crochet available to pre-order on amazon. So I am getting through my 'to do' list...but sadly it keeps getting things added to it!!

Next week is the Bromyard Gala.  A feast of steam engine, tractors, vintage cars, working dogs, firemen and all manner of other delights.  I will be having a stall in the craft tent (so the shop will be closed on Saturday 5th of July). For this I have been making up kits which I hope to sell a lot of! I have also ordered some knit and crochet themed mugs, will be selling scarf yarns cheap cheap cheap! and hope to have a make & take your own pom pom corner! 

This month I have created a babies cardigan and a ladies cardigan from my very popular Meredith baby dress pattern and these have been selling like hot cakes!






Thanks Elly for modelling on such a hot day!













No comments:

Post a Comment